"Unless Christianity is wholly false, the perception of ourselves which we have in moments of shame must be the only true one..."
-The Problem of Pain
It seems like the last week or so has been one moment after another of catching glimpses of my true self, my fallen nature, and having no other response but to hang my head in shame. Unworthy, selfish, wretch that I am, I've come face to face with the reality - whether in conversation with others, personal times of reflections, or just outbursts of stupidity, that there is absolutely nothing inherently good about who I am. The Good Samaritan cloak is a facade, the Good Girl image a joke. It's only when I am forced to my knees in shame, echoing Isaiah's cries of "Woe is me; I am undone," that I can be raised with the Son and be given a new identity, one birthed from the blood of Christ and the grace of God.
Thank you, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment