Tonight I was doing some website perusing and looked up the U.S. Resettlement Program. I happened upon the link for the campaign against human trafficking. Their slogan is "to rescue and restore." It's so simple. Four words. And yet the power and implication behind those two verbs are tremendous. What a challenge. A responsibility. What a goal.
As I ponder this slogan, my mind turns to the rest of the world - to humans who haven't been subjected to human trafficking. To those who have been battered by life's woes, tossed about by life and death and shaped according to societal mores and pressures. To those who have been tempted and fallen short of the standards that we set for ourselves, not to mention the Ultimate standard of Holiness that we can't even begin to strive for.
I commend the U.S. Resettlement Program for their vision, and furthermore I praise God that there's a program that I qualify for as a broken human in which by His mercy I'm being returned to my intended condition of perfect fellowship with Him.
We all need to be rescued and restored.
No comments:
Post a Comment