I'm a little envious of this man. He's walking through the market, prayer beads and cane in hand. He's sporting comfy sandals, traditional headgear that conveniently keeps his noggin warm, and pajamas. Actually, he's not wearing pjs. I snapped this picture because I thought he was wearing pjs and couldn't figure out what was going on. After we walked closer I realized that this was just this village's trendy version of the traditional clothing for men. I say that I'm envious because there have been more than one occasion that I longed to be able to venture outside in jeans and a hoody ... or sweatpants ... or just about anything casual and comfy. Oh to go for a day without jewelry or make-up and actually wear sneakers while I walk down the street! People (women in particular) are expected to look nice when they go out in public. It's considered inappropriate and reflects quite poorly on your character to sport a "comfy" look. It's because of this that I found this picture so amusing. I wonder if I could get away with going to work in a suit that happened to look like flannel pajamas...
Monday, December 06, 2010
Snapshot
I'm a little envious of this man. He's walking through the market, prayer beads and cane in hand. He's sporting comfy sandals, traditional headgear that conveniently keeps his noggin warm, and pajamas. Actually, he's not wearing pjs. I snapped this picture because I thought he was wearing pjs and couldn't figure out what was going on. After we walked closer I realized that this was just this village's trendy version of the traditional clothing for men. I say that I'm envious because there have been more than one occasion that I longed to be able to venture outside in jeans and a hoody ... or sweatpants ... or just about anything casual and comfy. Oh to go for a day without jewelry or make-up and actually wear sneakers while I walk down the street! People (women in particular) are expected to look nice when they go out in public. It's considered inappropriate and reflects quite poorly on your character to sport a "comfy" look. It's because of this that I found this picture so amusing. I wonder if I could get away with going to work in a suit that happened to look like flannel pajamas...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment