Now, that item might change from time to time, and it might not come in the form of a corduroy teddy bear; nonetheless, we all have our comforts. When I moved overseas, I lost many of my "comfort" items because they either didn't fit in my suitcase (our family piano), it's not available here (Panera), or it would've been totally impractical (my dog). I've had to adapt and find new comfort items. New things that put a spring in my step or ease a bit of the pain on a rough day.
I've always enjoyed a cup of tea, and those rich, silent moments of sipping mint green or Earl Grey with milk have certainly grown in importance. Right before I moved I began to really enjoy running, but because of cultural mores, that has translated into indoor aerobics here. A cute chick flick also comes into play from time to time.
There's something else that I discovered here, too. This afternoon I arrived to the language center and felt a bit weary. I'd actually had a wonderful day, but my body is still tired after fighting a sinus infection for almost two weeks. I had several things to do on the computer [not including blog post], and I knew that I needed some sort of pick me up, so I grabbed an amazing combination of fat, carbs, and sugar coated with creamy chocolate. Allow me to introduce ....

the Pop kek.
Can you just imagine this paired with Nutella!!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment