I feel like I'm standing in a box and AMAZING things are happening all around me. Memories, snapshots, quotes - seeing God at work in my heart and in the lives of those around me. And I'm trying to catch those memories, to remember everything and hold onto being here, now. Life is happening to quickly and it seems like every event, every encounter, every conversation is worth journaling or praying about - worth remembering.
But like that money box, I can't hold on to everything. I can't keep track - it's all happening so fast! I've sat down several times to try and record some of my thoughts and goings-on, but when I stop long enough to start processing, it's like my mind collapses and all I can do is make a list in my journal of things to come back to later.
May God grace me with the strength and clarity of mind that I need to treasure that which is important to Him.
Like seeing the two little girls run down the street to the store today - hand in hand.
Like hearing that one of our former students considers herself "lost" and isn't sure what to believe
Like seeing the Spirit at work in tonight's conversation club while we discussed what it meant to "love your neighbor as yourself"
Like being humbled as I was prayed for in three different languages today
Like biting into a homemade empanada and relishing in how delicious it was
Like answering the door to discover a former male student who was returning a plate and quickly offered protection or help when he realized I was alone (a much different experience than an encounter with a different previously)
No comments:
Post a Comment